ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & HEALTH IT
Structured patient records and big data approaches are the pre-requisite for large-scale analyses and for developing innovative solutions for defined patient cohorts. With HEYEX EMR*, Heidelberg Engineering provides a vendor-neutral electronic medical record solution that streamlines the capture of high-quality, structured patient data and opens endeavors for joint data management and analyses.
- Audit of outcomes following attendance at the City West drive-through IOP glaucoma clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic (S. Powell, E. Doolan, K. Curtin et al., 2022)
- Extended real-world experience with the ILUVIEN® (fluocinolone acetonide) implant in the United Kingdom: 3-year results from the Medisoft® audit study (C. Bailey, U. Chakravarthy, A. Lotery at al., 2022)
- A Multi-Centre Study of 4626 Patients Assesses the Effectiveness, Safety and Burden of Two Categories of Treatments for Central Retinal Vein Occlusion: Intravitreal Anti–Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Injections and Intravitreal Ozurdex Injections. (R. P. Gale, C. Gill, M. Pikoula et al., 2020)
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists’ National Ophthalmology Database study of cataract surgery: report 4, equity of access to cataract surgery (R. L. Johnston, A. C. Day, P. H. J. Donachie et al., 2019)
- Aflibercept in clinical practice; visual acuity, injection numbers and adherence to treatment, for diabetic macular oedema in 21 UK hospitals over 3 years (S. J. Talks, I. Stratton, T. Peto et al., 2022)
*HEYEX EMR (mediSIGHT in the UK) is manufactured by Medisoft Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidelberg Engineering GmbH.
Heidelberg AppWay is a secure gateway to access both clinical and research applications that can offer additional insight into diagnostic images from Heidelberg Engineering and third-party devices. Utilizing cloud exchange technology, this novel workflow solution allows you to choose from multiple SaaS (software as a service) providers. Heidelberg Engineering invites all researchers and developers of AI algorithms to the in-person ARVO congress to visit our booth and explore the new secure workflow solution.
Combined solution for advanced research and data sharing
In a multi-site research environment, the simultaneous collection and secure sharing of data is indispensable. As part of Heidelberg Engineering’s support of the Glaucoma / Myopia OCT Phenotyping Consortium (GMOPC), a scalable imaging and data management solution for scientific exchange is being explored. An integrated platform comprising electronic data capture, image management, and the technology needed to drive study workflow and secure data transfer will facilitate the consortium’s work as a truly global research community. To further support the research of the GMOPC, we will work closely with this prestigious group of researchers to investigate innovative ways to overcome the challenge of imaging myopic eyes.
The possibility to export data from OCT images offers further possibilities for research in retina, glaucoma, and neuro-ophthalmology. Raw data provides a certain depth of information that is particularly relevant for AI applications.
Please note: If not indicated differently, the technologies mentioned are not for sale and are not a reflection of our commercial product releases or planned product developments.